URBIS SMART CITY FAIR
Fair of smart solutions for cities and municipalities
Discussions on autonomous mobility will focus on the results of research projects as well as ethical aspects
URBIS 2021 - Urbis block Mobility: Autonomous mobility
3. 6. 2021, 12: 00-13: 00, online
Autonomous management systems bring new possibilities for safer, more efficient and more accessible transport, their implementation in practice, but as with other innovative technologies, they also present a challenge and the search for answers to complex questions. The social impacts of related changes, ethical aspects, legal issues, the area of sharing and security of generated data, what activities in the field of autonomous mobility are currently developing in our country and what will bring in the long term for users and cities - these are key topics to discuss in within a panel discussion moderated by the Ministry of Transport, representatives of the public, academic and research sectors.
The panel will specifically focus on the results of research projects that address autonomous mobility systems and their use, recommendations of the Ethics Commission of the Ministry of Transport or experience from the practice of preparing testing activities within cities or regions. The discussion will lead to a summary of the outlook for the further development of the whole area, using the know-how gained from testing and with regard to societal aspects and related roles of the public sector.
- PhDr. Tereza Čížková, Deputy Director for Autonomous Mobility and Research, Development and Innovation, Ministry of Transport (panel moderation)
- Ing. Petr Achs, Innovation Center of the Ústí Region
- PhDr. David Černý, Ph.D., Institute of State and Law, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Chairman of the Ethical Commission for the Assessment of Issues Related to the Operation of Automated and Autonomous Vehicles in the Czech Republic at the Ministry of Transport
- doc. Ing. Zdeněk Lokaj, Ph.D., Deputy Vice-Dean for Strategy and External Relations, Faculty of Transport, Czech Technical University in Prague